Courtesy of Diane R.
1. Money isn't made out of paper: it's made out of
2. The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottle represents the
varieties of pickles the company once had.
3. Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every
two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
4. The Declaration of Independence was written on
5. The dot over the letter 'i' is called a
6. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne
will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom
of the glass to the top.
7. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
8. A duck's quack doesn't echo ... no one knows
9. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales
of Happy Meals.
10. Every person has a unique tongue print
11. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were
12. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor who
had red eyes. He was albino.
13. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the
wrong parents daily.
14. During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small
red car can be seen in the distance.
15. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother
16. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous
system; a few ounces will kill a small sized dog.
17. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing
up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing
the shark to explode.
18. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
19. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland
because he doesn't wear pants.
20. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
21. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper'
and 'lower' because in the time when all original
print had to be set in individual letters, the upper
case' letters were stored in the case on top of the
case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
22. Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and
draw with the other at the same time.
23. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out
during World War II were made of wood.
24. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling
25. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter
Pan, there was never a recorded Wendy before!
26. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme
with: orange, purple and silver!
27. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it
took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
28. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make
it instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
29. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original
"Halloween" was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
30. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and
four pennies, you have $1.19 You also have the largest
amount of money in coins without being able to make
change for a dollar.
31. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your
back, you can't sink in quicksand (and you thought
this list was completely useless).
32. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an
old English law, which stated that you couldn't beat
your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
33. American Airlines saved $40,000 in '87 by
eliminating one olive from each salad served in first
34. The first product Motorola started to develop
was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the
most known player on the market was the Victrola, so
they called themselves Motorola
35. Celery has negative calories! It takes more
calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has
in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
36. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you
37. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified
38. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for
being the book most often stolen from Public
39. Back in the mid to late 80's, an IBM compatible
computer wasn't considered a hundred percent
compatible unless it could run Microsoft's
Flight Simulator game..
40. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before
they go into space because passing wind in a space
suit damages them.