Courtesy of David R.
Time was when [...]
- A computer was something on TV
- From a science fiction show of note
- A window was something you hated to clean
- And ram was the cousin of a goat.
- Meg was the name of my girlfriend
- And gig was a job for the nights
- Now they all mean different things
- And that really mega bytes.
- An application was for employment
- A program was a TV show
- A cursor used profanity
- A keyboard was a piano.
- Memory was something that you lost with age
- A CD was a bank account
- And if you had a 3-inch Floppy
- You hoped nobody found out.
- Compress was something you did to the garbage
- Not something you did to a file
- And if you unzipped anything in public
- You'd be in jail for a while.
- Log on was adding wood to the fire
- Hard drive was a long trip on the road
- A mouse pad was where a mouse lived
- And a backup happened to your commode.
- Cut you did with a pocket knife
- Paste you did with glue
- A web was a spider's home
- And a virus was the flu.