You might be from New Jersey if...Part II
Courtesy of Tina Mancuso
You might be from New Jersey if...
- You don't think of citrus when people mention "The Oranges."
- You've ordered a hard roll with butter for breakfast.
- You've known the way to Seaside Heights since you were seven.
- You've eaten at a diner at 3 am.
- You remember that the "Two Guys" were from Harrison.
- You know that the state isn't one big oil refinery.
- You know what a "jug handle" is.
- You know that the state isn't all farmland.
- You know that there are no "beaches" in New Jersey - there's "The Shore," and you know that the road to the shore is "The Parkway," not "The Garden State Parkway." [Ed's Note: ...and you don't go "to the beach" but "down the shore."]
- Even your school cafeteria made good Italian subs. And you call it"sub" not a "submarine sandwich" or worse yet, a "hoagie" or a "hero."
- You know how to properly negotiate a Circle.
- You knew that the last question had to do with driving.
- You know that this is the only "New..." state that doesn't require "New" to identify it (like, try ...Mexico, ...York, ...Hampshire doesn't work, does it?).
- You only go to New York City for day trips, and you only call it "The City.
- You know that a "White Castle" is the name of BOTH a fast food chain AND a fast food sandwich.
- You don't think "What exit" (do you live near?) is very funny.
- You know that the real first "strip shopping center" in the country is Route 22.
- You know that people from the 609 area code are "a little different".
- You live within 20 minutes of at least three different malls.
- You can see the Manhattan skyline from some part of your town.
- You refer to all highways and interstates by their numbers.
- You've eaten a Boardwalk cheesesteak with vinegar fries.
- You start planning for Memorial Day weekend in February.
- You've never pumped your own gas.