Things I Have Learned About Oklahoma
Courtesy of Suzie S.
- Armadillos sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
- There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in Oklahoma.
- There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Oklahoma, plus a couple no one's seen before.
- If it grows it sticks, if it crawls it bites.
- Nothing will kill a Mesquite tree.
- There are valid reasons some people put razor wire around their house.
- A tractor is NOT an all-terrain vehicle. They do get stuck.
- The wind blows at 90 mph from October 2 until June 25, then it stops totally until October 2.
- Onced and twiced are words.
- People actually grow and eat okra.
- Green grass DOES burn.
- When you live in the country, you don't have to buy a dog. City people drop them off at your gate in the middle of the night.
- The sound of coyotes howling at night only sounds good for the first couple of weeks.
- When a buzzard sits on the fence and stares at you, it's time to go to the doctor.
- Fix-in-to is one word.
- A tank is a dirt hole in the ground that holds water for irrigation, waterin' the cows, or swimming.
- There ain't no such thing as lunch. There's only dinner and then there's supper.
- Tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two.
- Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.
- 'Jeet? is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
- You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark.