How to Get a Life
Courtesy of David R.
It's never easy to overcome innate nerdity, a serious Internet addiction, or a hard-core computer gaming habit, but trying usually isn't as painful as kidney stones. Here's how:
- Let go of the mouse.
- Turn off the computer.
- Play a game of solitaire with a real deck of cards.
- Eat something other than chips.
- Fart without recording it and putting it up your web page.
- Get some sleep in bed rather than on your keyboard.
- Next time you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, don't tell everyone on your buddy list about it.
- Open a window without turning your computer back on (yes, it is possible). Very gradually expose your eyes to increasingly bright light so as to avoid damage or permanent sun blindness.
- When you feel prepared for a massive dose of non-CRT radiation, put on welding goggles and go outside.
- If you see someone, say "Hi" to them instead of trying to make the modem connect sound.
- Visit a friend that you haven't spoken to in years because they don't have an email address.
- Have ".com" officially removed from behind your name.
- Go on a date with someone you didn't meet online.