You Know You're from Oklahoma if.....
Courtesy of Diane R.
1. You can properly pronounce Eufaula, Gotebo,
Okemah, and Chickasha.
2. You think that people who complain about the
wind in their states
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go
out in the yard and
look for a funnel.
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting
to pass a tractor
on the highway.
5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C"
in the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parking space
is not determined
by the distance to the door, but by the
availability of shade.
7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
8. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an
10. You measure distance in minutes.
11. You refer to the capital of Oklahoma as "The
12. It doesn't bother you to use an airport named
for a man who died
in an airplane crash.
13. Little smokies are something you serve only
for special occasions.
14. You go to the lake because you think it is
like going to the
15. You listen to the weather forecast before
picking out an outfit.
16. You know cow pies are not made of beef.
17. Someone you know has used a football schedule
to plan their
18. You have known someone who has had one belt
buckle bigger than
19. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring
each other down at a
four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite
and let the other
20. You know in which state MIam-uh is and in
which state Miam-ee is.
21. You aren't surprised to find movie rental,
ammunition, and bait
all in the same store.
22. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
23. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford
F350 4x4 is.
24. You know everything goes better with Ranch.
25. You learned how to shoot a gun before you
learned how to multiply.
26. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin"
to send them to
Finally, you are 100% Oklahoman if you have ever
"You wanna coke?"