Courtesy of David R.
Things Movies Have Taught Us:
1) All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices which have large red readouts to tell you exactly when it will go off.
2) Should you need to pass yourself off as a German officer it will not be necessary to speak the language, a convincing accent will do.
3) All apartments in Paris overlook the Eiffel tower.
4) Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override a bank security system or the communication system of an invading alien civilization.
5) Every single person in martial arts film has a black belt in karate.
6) When staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.
7) One man shooting at 20 men has more chance of hitting them than 20 men shooting at one man if he is the hero.
8) During a police investigation it will be necessary to visit a strip joint at least once.
9) Large studio-type apartments in big cities are affordable by single people with low incomes.
10) The entire British population lives in London.
11) It doesn't matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a martial arts fight: your enemies will attack you one at a time while the others dance around you menacingly.
12) In musicals everyone you meet in the street will know all the words to the songs and the steps to the dances.
13) When captured by an evil international terrorist guns are not necessary to defeat them, sarcasm and wisecracks are the best weapons.